Pages

Wednesday 6 January 2010

37/100 - 06.01.2010


Brush and designers gouache.
I had to catch up over the last couple of days and that was difficult. I can feel myself running out of ideas... but I can also see a little improvement in what I'm doing (I hope) which is rewarding. I've enjoyed trying out some new techniques, like brush & ink, and gouache paints (like this little lego man here). Also, I've found that, for me, black and white stuff is a lot easier - seeing colours properly is hard, I don't know how you real artists do it! Onwards!

2 comments:

  1. 'Real artists'? Don't underestimate yourself, I don't think I've ever seen such perfect perspective, your Lego figures are amazing.

    Just realised I'd never commented but I'm loving your 100 Days project, your pictures are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also really really like the lego figures paintings - keep it colour! There's something really strong about the pic of the blue figure with the helmet as well - I think it is to do with the incongruity of this kind of 'wash' technique and us knowing that this is a plastic thing.

    Hmmm, "incongruity", got a bit wordy there by accident!!

    ReplyDelete